Fri, May 20|
#RBAFridayNighters - Bike Ride
Ride Bikes Austin strives to strengthen the community of people that ride bicycles. We are diverse, inclusive, and welcome all that come with a positive attitude and mutual respect for others. We focus on building up leaders who not only serve our organization but also have a heart of service for ou
Time & Location
May 20, 2022, 7:30 PM
Comal Park, 300 Comal St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
About the event
Introducing RBA FridayNighters
This month we are ending at Barbarella for 80s night!
#RBALeader: Tyler Price MEET UP: Comal Pocket Park MEET TIME: 7:30PM ROLL OUT: 8:00PM END STOP:Barbarella Austin GRAVEL: No
#RBAFridayNighters is a monthly ride through the nighttime streets of Austin, usually ending with dancing.
—Free parking available in neighborhood. —Please bring a bike lock. We plan to lock up bikes along Red River. —This route does not include a store stop. —We plan to arrive at Barbarella before their $5 cover at 10:30pm.
MISSION STATEMENT: Ride Bikes Austin strives to strengthen the community of people that ride bicycles. We are diverse, inclusive, and welcome all that come with a positive attitude and mutual respect for others. We focus on building up leaders who not only serve our organization but also have a heart of service for our community.
RIDE & COMMUNITY NORMS: 1. Respect each other, other road users, our parks, our waterways, and local organizations. Always be civil. Keep it clean by not saying or posting anything that is offensive, sexually explicit, abusive, or hate speech.
2. Stay to the right side of the road, do not swerve into oncoming traffic, stop for red lights, call out hazards, and do not litter while riding or at mid-stops.
3. Let the leader lead and set the pace. Always check for yourself that intersections are safe to cross and help prevent big gaps in the group by keeping pace. Only people that stay behind the leader and in front of the sweep are riding with us.
4. Be prepared, for the safety of the group, we do not stop along the route for mechanical issues. No one is ever intentionally left stranded, but all are expected to take personal responsibility for the working order of their bicycles and the ability to independently get themselves home safely.
5. RBA routes usually start and end from Parque Zaragoza, average 10-15 miles, have a mid-stop for social time, and stay within a 6-mile radius to empower anyone riding with us to safely get back independently.
6. Respect each person's autonomy to decide their own level of comfort regarding personal space and only attend if you are not ill.
7. Don’t harass others online or in person, impersonate people, or expose their private information. Keep personal drama to yourself. Report online or in person harassment to any organizer or ride leader.
8. Follow the rules. Offenders will get one warning. A second offense will result in expulsion from the group and all future events.
DISCLAIMER: We aim create a safe environment for all that join us. Anyone that rides with us must accept personal responsibility for choosing to ride bikes with others that may or may not have experience riding in groups on public roads and trails